Winged dreams Elodie
S45% Mako cotton, 25% linen, 25% lambswool, 5%Silk
Winged dream Lansbury
45% Mako cotton, 25% linen, 25% lambswool, 5%Silk
Many thanks to Laurna for coordinating the babywearing modelling for this shoot and our appreciation also goes to Simon Jolly photography, Scotland
Remember that when we introduced our plans for 2017, we announced that in addition to some new designs that we will be introducing, we will be tweaking some of our existing designs (feathers and connected).
Tweaking them involves adjusting the scale or size of the intricate aspects of the design, so like in the case of our connected, the microscopic leaf's veins are bolder and bigger giving the design a completely new artistic look. Likewise our feathers, the feathers are on a larger scale compared to our previous fluffy shade of feathers pattern.
These two designs will also be woven on a weave similar to our 2014 SMP noir, 2016 chilli/purple rain. However due to the style of the pattern, the texture of the feathers woven wraps is similar to a broken-twill structure. A modern textile design technology called ' weave shading' has been used to create the feathery silhouette effect in the feathers so these wraps have a combination of 3 different weaves in one wrap! This is good news for those looking to experience something different when it comes to wrapping qualities!
The new connected has a shinny lustrous front side and the other side is subtle in appearance. Without further ado, meet our affordable collection. The prices are further down this page.
Amaranthus Vicki Feathers
50% Mako cotton
50% combed cotton
Amaranthus Vicki Feathers will be listed on our website on the 22nd of March, 2017
Phoenix Katie Feathers
50% Mako cotton
50% combed cotton
Phoenix Katie Feathers will be listed on our website on the 22nd of March, 2017
Connected Louise Storm
50% Mako cotton
50% combed cotton
Connected Louise storm will be listed on our website on the 22nd of March, 2017
Connected Melissa Olive
50% Mako cotton
50% combed cotton
Connected Melissa Olive will be listed on our website on the 22nd of March, 2017
Things to love about our affordable range
Price list for our above affordable wraps
( AVANT GARDE LANCASHIRE WEAVE )
MEDIUM (SIZE 4): £105
LARGE (SIZE 5): £115
XL (SIZE 6): £125
XXL (SIZE 7): £135
Release date: Wednesday 29th March, 2017
Photography by Melissa Rae photography, USA
We had a blast at the recently concluded #nse event which took place at the Octagon center in Sheffield. Our appreciation goes to the organizers for putting together such a fabulous event. Our appreciation also goes to our ever supportive ambassadors and Joy and Joe friends, who rallied round to ensure that visitors to our stand were well looked after.
Our appreciation also goes to everyone who bought something from our stall. We also love that lots of you got to try on some of our new 2017 wrap releases. The amazing response to our stretchy wrap release was heart-warming. Thanks to every sling librarian who popped around to purchase one of our improved stretchy wrap.
Last but certainly not the least; we appreciate the northern sling exhibition volunteers. From Friday, we sensed that this event was going to be epic. There was always someone on hand to assist us in offloading our wares and also to load our car. Sam was the person who assisted ourselves and other exhibitors in ensuring that the car parking went well. We also had a lovely welcome from one of the NSE volunteers who told us that a Joy and Joe sling was her very first when she started babywearing. We felt really welcomed to Sheffield. Lest we forget, we had a surplus supply of water to ensure that we stayed hydrated!!! Thank you Dr Rosie and the NSE organizing team.
We also had an opportunity to meet and network with some other fabulous UK based sling manufacturers, many of whom are hardworking women we admire. This was a well organised event and the venue was very spacious, a massive upgrade from last year! Bring on #nse2018! ohhhh, I just remembered that my legs are still aching me badly from prolonged standing, one of the side effects of the #nse2017 excitement!!! Well, the exciting NSE vibe was all we needed as we embark on setting up our very first brick and mortar Joy and Joe sling gallery (shop) this week!! Our NSE photos and videos are below for your viewing pleasure.
PS: Did you discover Joy and Joe baby slings for the very first time yesterday at the #nse2017 event? We would love the opportunity to get to know you better. Plus, we are a really joyful bunch to roll with, please join our closed Facebook group. See you there <3
Some of our new Facebook live discussions will be facilitated by our 2017 ambassadors.
The following is our live discussion schedlue for the month of January
2016 is almost over and you will find that the month of december is often a time of relfection for many people. Despite our excitement for the festive celebrations, we took some time out to reflect on how 2016 has been for the Joy and Joe baby wrap brand, customers and families. So it is time to count our blessings with you (both big and small blessings!). So enjoy our 2016 recap and also check out some of the things we have in store for you in 2017.
2016 has been an 'interesting' year for us as brand and family !
2. Before our pop-up shop happened, we can't forget our epic 5th year business anniversary event. The venue was the lighthouse Manchester and our event was a huge success. Thanks to everyone who attended and bought something on the day.
3. One of the most remarkable event this year was our first ambassador program, we wanted to create an opportunity to have a some of our customers or fans or even complete Joy and Joe newbie(s) on board to support us as we propagate our customer-centric vision online and offline. With the support of our ambassadors, 2016 has been a very fun filled year, we have seen relationships blossom both on our chatter page and offline. Thank you so much ambassadors for leading the way action photos /social media wise and infusing our brand with loads of friendly chatter and happiness. We can certainly say that as a brand, we are very fun and friendly.
4. How can we talk about 2016 without mentioning the amazing wrap releases we had this year! Please forgive my mummy brain! This year, our first woven wrap release was the monochrome dream around the month of March. You need to join our chatter page to catch the 'team gold' versus 'team silver' daily chatter, photos and excitement. The monochrome dream was undoubtedly one of our most enjoyable wrap releases this year thanks to our every supportive 2016 ambassadors who ensured that we were never short of beautiful real life babywearing photos and videos.
5. Our PR/customer happiness manager, Becca settled into her role in Joy and Joe and it has been great getting to know her and her family
6. We added some new colours to our stretchy wrap collection
7.Our first meet the maker event happened this year
8. Our first book 'dear new babywearer' was published via Blurb this year
9. We were featured on the 'still made in Britain' website
10. We released our super soft cuddly, connected and Cartostyle range as a sequel to the 2015 trillusions, feathers woven wrap. Which one of our beautiful slings came to live with you?
11. We expanded our live video customer service and moved it from blab to Facebook live!
12. We released a special woven wrap collection to celebrate our 5th year brand anniversary
13. Wrap you in love released a video showcasing breastfeeding in a long woven wrap to commemorate the breastfeeding awareness week and guess what? It was a Joy and Joe wrap she used! Yayyy!
14. We raised money for several charities this year. Some of the charities are UNICEF, Focus on disability, Friends for disabled children etc
15. We enjoyed some really awesome babywearing moments during our instagram takeovers organised by our 2016 ambassadors. We can't forget Te's babywearing moment when she showcased how she multi-tasks as a mum of 3 boys! You can catch up with these posts from our instagram platform
16.Our chatter page members aka the super lovely #joyandjoefam requested that we re-weave our popular SMP in two new colourways and guess what? The hot chilli and purple rain was born! Okay, we said 16 memorable moments but we can't forget witnessing Laurna wear close to 30 snoods at the same time live on video, breaking the babywearing world record as the first person ever to do this. Last but in no way the least and you will agree! Our super thick, beastly Quad blends and shimmery cranberry dream woven slings beautifully wrap up 2016 for us. We have also recieved some fabulous feedback eg 'I'm honestly taken aback by this being a 100% cotton blend! It seems most people are into their silk blends these days, but this blend renders cotton underrated!
The only cotton wrap mildly similar to it is Mako, but the Cartostyle blows that out of the water. It also has less of a budget feel'~ Lisette from Wrapt (Australia) . We've have a fun ride with our customers this year and we are so grateful <3
Without further ado, here are 17 things to expect from us in 2017!
2. Custom woven wraps. We choose the warp and you customise your weft! Awesome!
3. New packaging! Our higher end wraps will be presented to our customers with a luxury custom magnetic box, all nicely presented as per our usual. Our regular range will be presented with our new branded postal bags.
4. Subscription style service ( we will tell you more about this later! Yes, you need to watch this space so that you won't miss out when we finally launch this service)
5.Our kangaroo care collection will be finally introduced
6. New woven wrap designs, new patterns
7.Our first SSC.. Yayyy (We've been working on this forever! Please cross your fingers for us. Manufacturing on a bigger scale isn't child's play)
9.Our very first brick and mortar boutique style showroom will be launched and open to the public by appointment
10. A re-design of our teaching wrap
11. A more robust support system for sling libraries and babywearing groups
12. We will also host some epic events this coming year (6th year anniversary, babywearing meet-up events, ambassador meet-up events?
13. Interesting and engaging Facebook live discussions from us and our 2017 ambassadors (we will add more photos soon)
14. Instagram takeovers where you get to know each of our 2017 ambassadors better
15. We are re-stocking our sold out stretchy wraps next year
16. Joy and Joe archive where you can read about some of our past slings
17. More amazing giveaways (Yesssss, you know we are very generous) We said 17 points! One more thing! From our family point of view, we are also planning to create a lot more awareness about the African kanga carrying which is a core part of our heritage, kangaroo care from our family experience and disability advocacy.
We promised to organise a festive charity fundraiser in support of two St Helens based charities.
St Helens is the abode of the Joy and Joe baby brand and it really matters to us to contribute our own quota towards the development of local charities that matter to this community.
So with our festive fundraiser, we are looking to support the 'Lansbury make it happen charity' and the 'friends for disabled children charity.
The aim of the lansbury make it happen charity (Charity number: 1144387) is to advance the education of pupils in the lansbury bridge special needs education school in particular by providing facilities or equipment which support the school and advance the education of the pupils http://www.lansburybridge.st-helens.sch.uk/
The Friends - Play for Disabled Children (Charity number: 1167995) is a parent led group that provides social activities & events for families of disabled children in St Helens http://www.friendsplay.org.uk/
We (Joy and Joe Ltd) have put together a very beautiful festive hamper that is fully loaded with lots of extra special goodies. You can win our festive mega hamper by donating a minimum of £2 and a winner will be drawn randomly at our Christmas event coming up on the 1st of December at the Bold business center, St helens.
We are really counting on your kind support because we believe that supporting these two local charities will go a long way towards further supporting other families with children with special needs in St Helens.
Each donation of £2 should be sent via PayPal (gifted) to firstname.lastname@example.org. After donating, please comment under our charity fundraiser post on our Facebook event page (click here) and we will give you a serial number that will be used to draw the winner.
This way, everyone can also follow the progress of our charity fundraiser. If you win our festive Mega-hamper and not in attendance at our Christmas event next week, you will be required to cover the shipping fees to your postal address.
The total amount raised will be split into two and shared between the two charities. All the gift items within our hamper have been donated by us, Joy and Joe Ltd.
Thank you so much for your support as we make a positive difference to our community.
P. S: Please check out our beautiful babywearing Mega hamper below! and click here to visit our Facebook event page to see enjoy our updates as regards our Christmas pop-up shop and babywearing meet up event
First of all, can we start by apologizing for keeping you waiting with the introduction of this particular release. We know that many of you have been waiting and anticipating this particular collection.
The three slings in this collection are quad blends so they are the final 2016 members of our high-end artisan luxury collection. When we wove our initial artisan collection, the final wraps were super limited so we immediately started working towards re-weaving more as soon as we sold some of the collection because we really don't want to disappoint our Joy and Joe families. With our purple SMP, we decided to try a darker shade of purple and we ended up with gentian violet !!
With our plain double weave, woven end to end, we were fascinated by the spark the dark purple SMP had from the moment you set your eyes on it, so the electric indigo was born. For the black SMP, we had some pastel moss green-like mixed blend yarns so we decided to utilize this as a weft instead of weaving our usual black and white SMP, so here, the bronze opal SMP was born.
The final colours are so hard to describe because moss green changes its colour shade depending on the intensity of illumination it is exposed to. With the lavender cartostyle, this is our very first purple cartostyle. Previously, our cartostyle was woven in jewel and red colours. We couldn't resist the urge to experiment in newer colours ( our scientific curiosity at play here). Well, our cartostyle design with its abstract geographical contours resulted in our purple shade being beautifully diluted before the regular human vision, creating a soft purple outlook, the lavender cartostyle was born! Lest we forget, this is our very first quad cartostyle so the texture is nothing like you've every experienced before. The lavendar cartostyle has this subtle hairy or should we say fuzzy feel to it when you run the back of your palms across it.
Yes, this is a special , uncommon collection and it is a grand way to conclude our woven wrap releases for 2016.
Meet our artisan collection (part 2) family members
Electric Violet SMP Quad
Gentian violet (dark purple) and optic white
35% silk, 40% linen, 15% cotton, 10% ethically sourced lambswool from Yorkshire-based spinners
Original double weave structure
Malleable, floppy and super-sturdy
Suitable for babywearers of all levels of experience
6 XL, 6 XXL
Pricing: XL~ £295
Electric violet SMP Quad will be live on our website this coming Friday at approx. 18.00 GMT
Lavender Cartostyle Quad:
Purple and optic white
30% silk, 40% linen, 10% cotton, 20% ethically sourced lambswool
Fuzzy texture, floppy and amazingly grippy
Recommended for experienced babywearers only
4 XL wraps, 2 RS
Lavendar Cartostyle Quad will be live on our website on Sunday 27/11/16 at approx. 18.00 GMT
Bronze opal SMP Quad:
Black and moss green
35% silk, 50% hemp, 10% cotton, 5 % wool
Thick, heavy duty and super-supportive for your chunky babies and toddlers
Recommended for experienced babywearers only
Bronze Opal Quad will be live on our website on Tuesday, 29/11/16 at approx. 18.00 GMT
Babywearing Modelling by Ayespywraps Alaina and Aiden
Photography by Si Moore, Wales
Being customer centric is a very important aspect of our ethos. We believe that the Joy and Joe experience is beyond simply ordering a sling from our website. We love communicating with our Joy and Joe families whilst simultaneously nurturing new relationships. We relate with each customer with so much attention because our strength lies in our relationships.
As a family owned company, we recognize the fact that we can't exist as an island of our own. We have always pondered on innovating different ways by which we can inspire our existing and new fans. This was the reason why in 2014-2015, we created the carrymyjoy vlog series, we quickly recognized that that visuals go a long way towards passing across a message compared to the written word.
Late 2015, we decided to take the plunge and plan our first ambassador program, despite having never organised an ambassador program before, we were incredibly inspired by the quality of the babywearers that we now call friends here at Joy and Joe. We also love that the ambassadors have not only started new friendships, they've also made our social media platforms more human. For us, people talking to people is a core ingredient of our social existence. We love the banter, chit-chats and action photos.
Thanks to our 2016 ambassadors, we feel that we are a lot more closer to our customers than ever before. This has now given us the inspiration to further this ambassador program. After a rigorous selection which wasn't easy at all because we loved majority of the applicants, we are pleased to introduce to you the faces of Joy and Joe in 2017.
Our new ambassadors will be stimulating conversations synonymous with the friendly Joy and Joe community vibe both online and offline. We want new babywearers to see our ambassadors, feel a connection and say I think I'd love to give babywearing a try!
Our 2017 ambassador team is composed of talented babywearers from different professional backgrounds. We have midwives, nurses, writers, models, doctors and babywearing consultants within our ambassador team. So new and existing babywearers won't be short of high quality advice and support when needed.
Yes, buying a sling from the Joy and Joe is lovely and it's a necessary ingredient if we must constantly grow and contribute positively to society . However, we want to be a brand who constantly seeks to do more for our families, we mean our customers.
Our chatter page is undoubtedly one of the friendliest online babywearing communities around. Are you in doubt? Check our dear new babywearer book and see for yourself! Well, we believe that this bond has been enhanced by the presence of our ambassadors. We want everyone to feel loved, listened to and valued.
Well, we can go on and on, but hopefully if you didn't understand the significance of our ambassadors, we hope you now get it. Please don't forget to send each of our 2017 ambassadors your best wishes. Consider that each of them have various responsibilities like you and I but have decided to step up to support us, support you and see that the Joy and Joe vision further advances.
Without further ado, please join us as we welcome our 2017 ambassadors (outlined in no particular sequence)
Hello, my name is Bisi, babywearing consultant (SoB CIC), mother to two cheeky & very special kids (Joy and Joseph). Our 3rd baby has been christened Joy&Joe baby wrap slings! and we loveeee babywearing :)